What is a PDF file extension?
PDF file is an extension file format from Adobe Acrobat Reader software. This is the document format used to save documents created in the previous format, e.g. B. DOC.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a type of Adobe System. They created it and have perfected it for more than 20 years.
PDF file extensions have become the standard for electronic document exchanges, which are managed by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). When you convert a document type to PDF, it looks the same in all media.
Unlike printed documents, these files can contain clickable links and buttons, form fields, video and audio as well as programming functions to automate certain processes.
How to Open PDF files
Today, most of the most popular and sophisticated browsers can open any PDF file extension document so you can view documents directly from there.
However, like many people around the world, it is very likely that you have third-party software installed on your computer for this purpose only. The most common suspicious software is Adobe Reader. However, if you learn things like using your PDF reader easily, you might get an unwanted Chrome extension that collects your browser data. You might consider alternatives.
If you don’t want to download other special programs, learn how to use a web browser to open your PDF file.
- Find your PDF file on your computer
- Double click on it.
- If it doesn’t open automatically, click the Open With option
- Select the program from the list below. Adobe Acrobat Reader or any browser.
- You can now read your file in the program. Keep in mind that you can only edit it if you have an Acrobat license or similar.
Program that open a PDF file documents
Which programs open PDF extensions? You can try this software.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Sumatra PDF
- Google Chrome
- Other web browsers: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari
If you open a PDF file extension while surfing the Internet, you don’t need to worry because the browser only displays it on the tab.
However, when it comes to PDF files on your hard drive or other device, Windows 7.10 and all versions usually require special programs and there you can get Adobe Acrobat Reader or the like.
- Click on the PDF file that you want to open
- A pop-up appears, asking you to open the program
- Select Adobe Acrobat Reader or another program that was previously recommended.
- Edit and view your PDF on Windows.
With Google Chrome
If you want all PDF files to be opened with Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or your chosen browser, you can enable a number of very simple settings to choose the default application that will always read your files.
- Find the PDF file on your computer and right-click on it.
- Select the “Open With” option and click “Select another application” in the drop-down menu that follows.
- Browse the list of options. If you don’t see the web browser you want, scroll down and select “Other Applications”.
- If it still doesn’t appear, go down and select “Search my computer for other applications”. If you want to open all of your PDFs with Chrome, you have to do it.
- Now navigate to the path of your computer where the desired browser is installed. In the case of Chrome, the EXE file is located in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Google \ Chrome \ Application. Choose the executable and click “Open”.
- Finally, enable the “Always use this application to open PDF file” checkbox so that from now on you only need to double click on the icon.
The process is always exactly the same. The only thing that changes is the browser you choose.
Of course, browsers like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera etc. Can only read PDF files.
You cannot edit. For when you need special tools. You can’t edit anything with Adobe Reader only to see that the editor is a payment program.
How to convert PDF files
There are many ways to convert PDF file extensions. You can convert your PDF file online or with a program.
PDF online converter
This is the main option for converting PDF files online:
- SmallPDF: With this online converter you can convert PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, or JPG.
Related PDF formats: _pdf, pdf_, pdf_1, pdf ‘, pdf_2, pdf_3